Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an great opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) Program based at Ed Parks, Adelaide
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and/ or hybrid working.
You will be responsible for to ensure that the Facilities & Hardware Delivery Stream achieves its technical, cost, and schedule goals as outlined in the JORN Sustainment program. The Sustainment Capability team comprises three Delivery Stream teams, each led by a PM, overseeing different functional or grouped projects within the JORN technical work scope under the Rolling Annual Program of Work (RAPW). These projects include Power and Electrical, Facilities & Hardware and Software / Information Communication Technology / Hardware.
Working across all aspects of projects that support the Engineering Lead and Delivery Stream PM in achieving the RAPW goals and targets for the Delivery Stream. You will be joining the BIS Battlespace Integrated Solutions Line of Business, which is responsible for supporting the $1.2 billion upgrade of the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) to ensure that Australia remains a world leader in maritime and air defence Over the Horizon Radar (OTHR) systems
Key responsibilities include:
- Successfully manage and execute Facilities & Hardware Delivery Stream projects within approved budget, schedule, and quality, while meeting performance targets.
- Lead the bidding process from concept to RBA approval, including Estimating and Pricing (E&P) activities.
- Oversee Early Engineering, Design, Procurement, and Installation delivery.
- Collaborate with the Technical Support Network (TSN) to ensure efficient closeout of projects.
- Direct and monitor the performance of Contractors, Designers, and other TSN members to meet Delivery Stream/MPAAHS project requirements.
- Collect data on all projects/tasks and report to Delivery Stream PM and Engineering Lead as necessary.
- Make informed engineering decisions within broad and often undefined parameters, taking into account the impact on the overall work package.What are the most interesting, appealing aspects of the role – lead with these
- A degree in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in designing, integrating and testing electronic or IT systems
- Exposure to Earn Value Management
- Experience in Engineering Process, Methods, Tools and Infrastructure
- Strong communication skills to interact with stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a project team environment
- Experience in Facilities related projects (i.e. HVAC, Security System, Fire System)
- An existing Australian Defence Security Clearance or the ability to meet the application requirements.
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances.