Support Engineering/Maintenance Analyst
Location: Potts Point
Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Engineering/Maintenance Analyst to join our Maritime Sustainment business, working on the newest ship platform, the Hobart Class DDG naval ships.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be employed on a permanent full time basis, and situated in either Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney or other interstate locations.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, including working a 9-day fortnight and a hybrid working environment.
You will be responsible for deriving and analysing logistics support data and trends on equipment and systems on the Hobart Class DDG naval ships
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake supportability engineering/maintenance analyses and develop support engineering packages for engineering change requests and asset management activities
- Perform Failure Modes Effect Analysis and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) analysis, Task analysis and Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Attend and participate in Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)/Supportability Engineering workshops, engineering review meetings and configuration control meetings
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders and ensure logistics supportability engineering analysis best practice, sound advice and analysis is provided
- Provide input to the development of the logistics supportability engineering analysis reports through the provision of data and assumptions extracted
- Develop and maintain physical system/equipment logistic structures using the Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR) system
- Support Engineering Analyst experience, or Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) experience, or experience in a maintenance/technical/production environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- Sound computer skills, the ability to analyse technical data and provide sound recommendations
- Critical thinking skills, be proactive and driven to improve current processes
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances.