Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that matters
Enjoy what you do
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an opportunity for a Security Officer to join our team based at our Liverpool Street, Sydney Offices.We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and/or hybrid working.
You will be responsible for:
As the Security Officer you will be responsible, under the direction of the Security Operations Managers for providing Commercial and Defence Security advice and education to all Business Operations within a nominated area and supporting other Security Officers (SO) nationally, in accordance with Company Security policies, procedures and guidelines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carry out security tasks and coordinate security services based on relevant policies, standards, procedures, legislation (Defence Industry Security Program – DISP) and best practice of the assigned work stream. This also includes meeting all BAE Systems Australia Compliance Matrix requirements for the assigned work stream.
- Be the first point of contact for security advice and incident response.
- Maintain local requirements within the National Security Register.
- Monitor the adequacy of the security measures within their business area to ensure that policies and procedures are up-to-date and take account of developments.
- Provide security advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders and make recommendations to improve security solutions for the work stream.
- Assure the integrity of BAE Systems Australia employees working in the assigned business area by maintaining personnel security and access control processes and procedures.
- Australian citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain a Defence Security Clearance (essential).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong experience in all Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Demonstrate experience in Defence security or security processes and procedures.
- Defence Security Officer Course (essential).
- COMSEC Custodian course (essential).
- Defence Security Risk Management Course (essential).
- Good understanding of government and industry standards and Security best-practice guidance.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances.