Senior Liaison Engineering Officer
Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Liaison Engineering Officer to join our Maritime Australia team based at Osborne Naval Shipyards, SA reporting to the Senior Liaison Engineering Lead.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working.
You will be responsible for providing guidance to Engineering on manufacturability of designs, and for providing guidance to Production on any design changes that may be required to effect an installation or assembly.
You will utilise your experience in shipbuilding to ensure the liaison engineering teams delivers assistance to production interpreting the Hunter Class Frigate design and design intent, assist Stage 2 and Stage 3 with developing solutions to issues identified during production and providing guidance to design engineering on manufacturability of designs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering and production experience with respect to the fabrication, construction and/or outfitting of the Hunter Class Frigate.
- Act as an engineering technical liaison between Design Engineering & Production.
- Support the Liaison Engineering Lead, where necessary defend the position and decisions of the engineering leadership in production forums.
- Provide professional engineering technical and operational support that is accurate, safe, on-time and on-budget to support project activities.
- Ensure any in-production modifications are captured in company change management systems.
- Identify Stage 3 output quality issues and/or improvements.
- Train others and be self-competent in using HCF core engineering tools (FORAN, Windchill, AVEVA ERM, DIPS, CMPIC, etc).
- Use the engineering tools above to carry out queries, investigations, planning to assist operations work on HCF.
- Actively challenge current Liaison Engineering work standards or processes, identify improvement opportunities for consideration by detailed design management.
- Support other business functions with the development and implementation of production continuous improvement activities.
- Actively seek to develop non-technical skill areas including leadership, communication, and project management via a self-development plan.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support their effective working and development.
- Significant experience within a production engineering, field engineering or liaison engineering environment.
- Demonstrated practical and extensive knowledge of primary steel fabrication, pipe, HVAC, outfit and construction in a shipbuilding defence environment.
- Demonstrated professional integrity, advanced level of technical knowledge, objectivity, acceptance of responsibility, maturity of judgement.
- Significant experience in an appropriate Engineering Discipline.
- Capability to use engineering tools to support production response.
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security Clearance.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances.