Warehousing Material Handler
Job Type: Full time
Warehousing Material Handler
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have a new opportunity for a Material Handler to join our Hunter Class Frigate Program based at Osborne.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9 day fortnight
You will be responsible for the delivery of the all services that sit within the operator trade role including any high-risk license tasks providing services across the shipyard to successfully deliver the project. The role will require you to support all production work on blocks, ships and support other tasks required in relation to the shipyard
Key responsibilities include:
- Loading and unloading of heavy vehicles
- Forklift operations
- Data entry
- Daily interaction with the operator team.
- Ensuring that you only perform the tasks you are trained and have been deemed competent to perform including high risk license tasks.
- Ensure that all equipment and areas used by the team are maintained in a safe and organised manner.
- Responsible for your own safety and including the safety of fellow workers and have involvements in the team's safety and quality requirements and working to meet or exceed results.
- Current High Risk Licence Forklift
- Basic Computer skills
- Experience with Hand tools
- Demonstrated experience in a similar environment.
- Excellent communication, influencing and skills. Strong safety focus and enhancing the site safety environment.
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security clearance
- Overhead crane experience highly valued
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances