Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the worlds most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have a great opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join our Supply Chain function working within the Hunter Class Frigate. Within this role you will have opportunities to:
- Lead or support procurement activities which span three shipbuilding programs, across 3 nations;
- Lead end – to – end procurement activities across complex and modified off-the-shelf procurement categories;
- Collaborate transversely with other functions such as, engineering, production / operations, supply planning and warehouse and logistics, to ensure optimal project outcomes;
- Drive continuous supplier improvement and long term productivity improvements;
- Ensure material availability and optimisation across a complex landscape;
- Manage supply continuity risks;
- Develop strategic supplier relationships; and
- Be involved in the deployment of modern procurement technology.
The program is based out of our Osborne Shipyard office in SA, however there are opportunities for working in other Supply Chain hubs in Melbourne or Perth.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working.
- Demonstrated Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management experience
- Experience leading complex procurement activities with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Sound commercial and business acumen
- A proactive approach to problem solving and a focus on transverse collaboration
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances.