Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We currently have a rewarding opportunity to join us as a Commercial Officer with our JORN (Jindalee Operational Radar Network) team. As a member of the Commercial team supporting this high profile program, you will be collaborating with and supporting the Program using your skills gained from previous experience working in the areas of either Administration, Legal or Finance delivering specific tasks and providing support to operations. This role reports in to our Senior Commercial Manager who is responsible for the commercial management of the JORN and HFS export programs.
This role is based out of our Edinburgh Parks office in SA.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ability to follow up activities to ensure inputs from others are received and progressed to conclusion
- High degree of customer focus and a commitment to meet deadlines and targets
- Responsive to the needs and wants of the customer by understanding their requirements, through researched understanding, open discussion and candid clarification questions
- Resolve customer queries and issues in areas of responsibility, escalating problems as appropriate
- Ability to work unsupervised and provide solutions for management consideration
- Ability to lean in and use initiative
- Understand the financial and basic pricing requirements of commercial contracts
- Maintain Commercial Management Plans
- Demonstrated experience in a commercial, finance or legal administration role
- Excellent attention to details with organization skills, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm.
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- A curious mind-set and ability to integrate and extract information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, including the ability to communicate with staff at all levels and from a range of disciplines
- An ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision and guidance and using their own experience, judgement and initiative
- Advanced IT Skills across the Microsoft Suite
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances.