Test & Commissioning Data Governance Engineer
Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and/ or hybrid working.
About the OPPORTUNITY
An opportunity now exists for a Test and Commissioning (T&C) Data Governance Engineer to demonstrate their technical expertise and make a valuable contribution within our Maritime business on the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
As the Test and Commissioning (T&C) Data Governance Engineer, reporting to the Hunter Class Frigate (HCF) Program T&C Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out tasks assigned from the T&C Engineering Manager with respect to Data Governance.
In addition to this, you will provide support to the T&C operational staff members, assisting with major evolutions and delivering the T&C engineering documents required to set to work and test the ships systems in accordance with the Engineering, Verification and Program requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the HCF T&C team to generate the HCF Program T&C strategies and plans, including ensuring all planning documents are in line with the program and business plans and framework.
- Responsible for the configuration and management of the T&C data within the Completions Management toolset.
- Manage the T&C Permissions and Authorities within the Completions Management toolset.
- Develop user guides and training material and conduct ongoing training of T&C personnel in the use of the Completions Management toolset.
- Actively manage all of the Security, Export and Legal obligations in place in order to protect the T&C data.
- Auditing of T&C completions data to ensure adherence to program plans, processes and framework.
- Relevant trade and or tertiary qualifications
- Previous experience in Data Governance in an technical field
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience of database/information management (desirable)
- Previous Shipbuilding and marine systems experience (desirable)
- NV1 clearance or eligibility required
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances.