Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible. Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the Opportunity
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
To ensure our programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join us as a Linux Engineer. This role will see you perform engineering development and administration of project Linux systems as well as performing secondary functions such as fault detection, performance monitoring, general systems management and Level 3 support.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Design, build, and, deploy Linux changes into the project environment based on Red Hat Satellite and Ansible
- Develop and implement technical solutions for Linux defects and enhancements
- Produce relevant artefacts associated with changes to the system
- Contribute to the completion of thorough acceptance testing of approved changes during deployments
- Provide input into updates and enhancements of the Linux SOE
- Deliver direct user, application support and troubleshooting of system issues
- Hold an Information, Communication and Technology Degree (ICT), or other Engineering related degree or relevant vendor certifications or Systems Administrator experience
- Industry experience in developing and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Be willing to provide out of hours support coupled with a can do attitude
- Have a strong team focus and exceptional customer service ability
- Some familiarity with configuration management and cyber security
- Have experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector (desirable)
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances