Senior ICT Engineers
Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible. Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the Opportunity
JORN is a state-of-the-art defence system, it provides wide-area surveillance and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and rescue operations.
Due to an exciting period of growth we now have opportunities for Senior ICT Engineers to work within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions Business Unit on JORN. These roles will be the lead for a particular scope of work, either as an analyst, architect, system admin, network designer, technology specialist, or as a leader of a team of ICT engineers. You will be responsible for delivery of that scope of work and take the lead technically in determining and guiding the processes, tools and methods to be applied to scope of work.
This exciting role gives you the opportunity to work across various platforms including: RHEL Linux, Ansible, Python, Cisco IOS and VMWare.
More specifically, this role will see you:
- Responsible for the ICT technical solution, whether as the team lead of a team delivering a particular service or product, or as a senior ICT engineer with specific skills in analysis, architecture, networking or system administration
- Provide technical investigation guidance and support to a team of ICT engineers.
- Coordinate CDS system procurement, build, verification and delivery.
- Coordinate CDS engineering services, including customer training, on-site installation, customer support and CDS professional services.
- Lead the CDS ICT team, and manage and track execution of internal ICT activities. Provide oversight and mentoring junior ICT engineers.
- Prioritise CDS delivery tasks with internal ICT product development infrastructure tasks, to meet the needs of the business and customer.
- Ensure collection and analysis of relevant ICT metrics to provide timely information on the status of the ICT program, taking appropriate corrective action and preventative maintenance as required.
- Ensure safety is a key priority for the ICT team within the BAE Edinburgh Parks facility or on customer sites. Conduct and document Take5 and hazard analysis activities per BAE Systems SHE policy
- Degree in engineering, information technology, computer science, or other related area; or Diploma in applicable technical domain
- Experience in a similar role with significant experience in ICT
- As required by the role, applicable third party certification, such as MCSE, CISSP, CCNA, ITIL Foundation (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to build key internal relationships and partnerships outside own team to drive business outcomes.
- Ability to interface with cross functional teams within CDS and BAE Systems.
- High level of ability in validating solutions against customer needs and requirements
- Previous experience leading small teams is highly desirable
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances