Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have a great opportunity for a Periscope Technician to join our Red Ochre Autonomy and Sensors (ROAS) program, based in Rockingham WA, reporting to the Maintenance Team Lead.
You will be responsible for the repair and commissioning of the Periscope Systems and Periscope Line Repairable Units on the Collins Class Submarine.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carry out planned maintenance and defect repairs, interconnection, integration, installation, set to work, acceptance testing, repair and maintenance of Periscope Mission Systems and support equipment
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance services for periscope systems as required
- Perform failure diagnosis, repair and production testing of periscope systems down to component level in accordance with approved test procedures
- Perform Acceptance Test activities using automated test equipment
- You have a Diploma / Advanced Certificate/ Associated Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or demonstrated equivalent practical experience
- You have experience in fault finding of mechanical, electrical and electronic assemblies to component level and can confidently provide objective quality evidence.
- You have experience with data acquisition and analysis systems
- You are a team player that enjoys hands on work and sharing your knowledge with your peers
- Safety is second nature and you make it a key part of your daily routine
- You are familiar with use of mechanical equipment including cranes and pressure testing equipment
- You take pride in your attention to detail
- You are familiar with computer based maintenance management systems and have a high level of computer literacy
- Defect repairs can occur on a deployed submarine in Australian and Overseas ports.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances.