Lead Fire Panel Technician
Job Type: Full time
As a Fire Panel/Alarm Technician with BGIS, your role is integral to the safety and security of both our people, our key clients bearing responsibility for keeping our fire protection equipment and systems in good working order, ensuring compliance with Australian Standards.
The role is based in Richmond, NSW
We also have opportunities in Sydney South and Sydney City.
Due to the security clearance required for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen.
- Maintain and service all Fire Alarm Systems and Fire Fighting Equipment
- Fault finding on various fire systems, networks and access control systems
- Installation and replacement of Fire Alarm Panels and Systems and associated components
- Conduct routine inspection and servicing of Portable Fire Equipment
- Assist in the preparation of customer quotations & identifying remedial work
- Liaise directly with the client regarding service work
Skills & Experience
- Experience working with fire panels; and ability to install, test and repair fire systems/equipment
- Understanding of Australian Standards such as AS1851, and knowledge of fire safety codes/regulations
- White Card
- Driving Licence
- Electrical Trade Licence (desired)
Accreditation with FPAS (Fire Protection Accreditation Scheme) would be well regarded.
BGIS offers Career Development opportunities through Career Boost Program, excellent Company Benefits and an exceptional Employee Recognition Program.
- Fully Maintained Company Vehicle
- Opportunity for Career Progression
- Company iPad, Phone, Uniform and PPE
- 1x RDO Monthly
- Training Provided
- Supportive Team Environment
- Multitude of Employee Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Additionally, BGIS provides training for site-based tickets/licenses and more!
At BGIS, we create safe environments where our people can do their best work. Our team comprises of individuals from many different cultures and nationalities, with a multitude of valued personal and professional backgrounds. We welcome diverse perspectives and are always on the lookout for people who can bring new ways of thinking to our teams.
BGIS has over 8000+ employees globally, we are a leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy and sustainability, asset management, workplace advisory, real estate and technical services. We are focused on delivering innovative service solutions for our clients across a diverse range of sectors, such as Commercial Business, Defence, Healthcare, Government, Higher Education and Utilities.
Further information is available at apac.bgis.com