Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to learn and develop your skillset in facilities management? BGIS, a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, is currently seeking a motivated Facilities Coordinator to join our team at the Newcastle location in New South Wales.
As a Facilities Coordinator, you will report directly to the Facilities Manager, offering a unique chance to receive focused training and advance your career in facilities management.
BGIS is a global leader in the provision of real estate management services, including facilities management, project delivery, energy and sustainability solutions, workplace advisory, and asset management. With a strong focus on innovation and client satisfaction, BGIS is committed to delivering exceptional service and driving operational excellence.
Role Overview: As a Facilities Coordinator, you will play a vital role in the efficient and effective management of facilities operations at our Newcastle site. Your responsibilities will include coordinating maintenance and repair activities, managing vendor relationships, assisting with budgeting and financial reporting, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards. This position will provide you with the opportunity to work closely with the Facilities Manager and gain valuable hands-on experience in all aspects of facilities management.
Due to the security clearance required for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen.
- Coordinate and oversee maintenance and repair activities, ensuring timely and efficient resolution of issues.
- Assist in the development and management of the facility budget, monitoring expenses and providing regular reports.
- Manage vendor relationships, including contract negotiation and performance evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, codes, and standards.
- Support the implementation of facility improvement projects, working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify and address facility-related issues.
- Maintain accurate documentation and records related to facilities management activities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience in facilities management or a related field is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of facility operations, maintenance, and safety practices.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite and facilities management software.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards in facilities management (e.g., WHS, OHS) is advantageous.
- A proactive and problem-solving mindset, with a keen attention to detail.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement within a global organization.
- Ongoing training and development programs to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- A supportive and inclusive work environment that values teamwork and collaboration.
How to Apply: If you are excited about the opportunity to join a dynamic team and further develop your career in facilities management, please submit your resume.
BGIS is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to our team at BGIS Newcastle, NSW!