Electrician | Track Machine Workshop | Port Hedland | FIFO 2/2 Roster
Location: Port Hedland
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced and safety focused electrician to join the team in our busy Track Machine Maintenance workshop based at Port Hedland. Working on an attractive 2/2 FIFO roster, you will be a key contributor working in a team environment delivering maintenance activities to our fleet of track maintenance machinery.
The smaller team structure in the workshop allows us to create an authentic connection between crews and supervisors with a passion to deliver high quality work and a genuine focus on safety.
Reporting to the Supervisor Track Machine Workshop, you will be responsible for:
- Servicing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling Tampers, Ballast Regulators, Track Mobiles and Track Recording Vehicles.
- Demonstrating behaviors in line with BHP’s Charter Values.
- Safely performing electrical maintenance.
- Following specific maintenance and compliance procedures.
- Undertaking training as required to gain new skills.
- Complying with all mine and rail safe working requirements.
- Take personal responsibility for helping the team to achieve expected results.
To be successful in this role it is likely that you will offer:
- Trade Certificate, Western Australian Electrical A grade (essential)
- Previous experience working on Plasser Track Machines (highly desirable)
- BHP work management experience (highly desirable)
- A high commitment to safety, quality and attention to detail and procedure
- A strong desire to learn and a high level of enthusiasm to develop a range of new skills
- Quality focused with a drive to achieve results for the team
- A teamwork mentality to achieve result
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.