Security Supervisor | Nickel West | Northern Ops | FIFO ex Perth | 5/3/4/2 | 12 Months
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Security & Emergency Management, you will lead the daily planning and execution of Security activities to ensure the safe achievement of Security targets and the highest standard of Security response at all times for the Nickel West (NiW), Villages, gatehouses and surrounds
This position is based at Nickel West and is offered as a 1 year fixed term contract, FIFO from Perth. Flexible work options will be considered.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Support a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching the Security team.
- Manage leave, rosters and coordination of Security activities effectively across shifts and departments creating maximum value to NiW.
- Represent the Security department through stakeholder engagement.
- Maintain NiW Crisis and Emergency Management processes where they relate to security.
- Maintain training needs for the Security team and identify any training gaps.
- Ensure Security Standard Operating Procedures and associated work instructions are current, complied with and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all Security related incidents.
- Provide advice to departments across site regarding Security as required.
You will be an experienced leader with excellent communication skills.
You will also have:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety and the environment;
- Experience with site access systems,
- Experience with managing CCTV systems,
- Previous experience in a security Supervisory (or step up) role;
- Demonstrated ability to operate under pressure in a high risk environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with simple, inclusive language
- Ability to lead change, innovate and add value.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in relation to all security incidents and emergencies including incident, security and medical details.
- Experience and qualification in Drug and Alcohol testing
- A current Drivers licence
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.