Specialist Cloud Engineer
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills, and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
At BHP Technology we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills, and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
To enable the acceleration of value delivery across the whole Technology function, we have established a Cloud Team who are designing, building, and maintaining our hybrid multi-cloud BHP Cloud Platform. We will enable other teams to rapidly deliver digital solutions that improve the lives and work of our mining teams by providing a cloud platform that embodies the principles of Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, and self-service.
We work fast and solve tough problems, and pride ourselves on our culture of open collaboration, safety, diversity of thought and fun. We’re looking for the best and brightest cloud architects, engineers, and product owners to execute against our cloud strategy.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
As a Cloud Engineer you will help drive and implement technology decisions within the Cloud Product domains, in alignment with BHP’s cloud strategy and the overall vision of the Cloud Team. This role can be based in Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
The fun parts of this role include:
- Work with the relevant Principal Engineers, Technology Leads and Product Owners of the team to establish technical solutions and deliver against their roadmaps.
- Help on technical discussions to ensure complex solutions are successfully deployed in the cloud.
- Implement MVPs to validate technical hypothesis, and enable data driven decision making
- Work collaboratively with Cloud Engineers & Cloud Architects.
- Implement the relevant product capabilies’ within the BHP Cloud Platform to ensure services remain current, relevant, and always secure.
- Deliver cross-domain capabilities across multiple Cloud Platforms, that enable the accelerated development and deployment of enterprise applications, as well as implementing data-enabled use cases securely and quickly.
- Implement automation and DevSecOps approaches throughout the platform to ensure security and self-service is promoted.
- Deliver infrastructure as code deployments in an API-driven, microservices fashion.
- Implement, support and evolve shared Enterprise services capabilities towards a multi-cloud strategy.
- Provides leadership to a team or teams focussed on conceptualising, planning, strategically prioritising and implementing product(s) in an Agile environment. Translates strategy into operational plans for the department.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Experience on delivering public cloud services and/or applications.
- Experience on delivering cross-platform capabilities across different public cloud providers.
- Understanding of managing and operating Landing Zone deployments, or similar implementations in a multi-subscription service model.
- Understanding of DevOps practices and agile ways of working.
- Some experience with tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Gitlab, GitHub or similar.
- Experience with delivering infrastructure as code deployments in an API-driven, microservices fashion.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure lifecycle planning and management across various technologies.
- As this is a hands-on role, you are comfortable with coding and documenting solutions, seeking and testing better ways to implement Cloud Infrastructure in a DevSecOps approach, be always delivering and always going outside your comfort zone to learn – pushing fellow Engineers and Architects to do the same.
- Happy to work in a highly distributed team.
- STEM Bachelor’s degree highly desirable.
- Certifications from a major public cloud provider would be a bonus.
About our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants’ suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP, please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK)
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.