Senior Electrical Area Coordinator | Port Hedland | Residential 5/2 roster
Location: Port Hedland
Job Type: Full time
BHP Western Australia Iron Ore
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The function of the Senior Electrical Coordinator is to provide support to the shutdowns by managing and supervising electrical Specialists.
The Senior Electrical Coordinator provides support to the area owners of the shutdown in ensuring correct priorities are placed in the shutdowns while monitoring performance and liaising with Planning and Improvement teams.
In this role you will:
- Provide a governance role for execution of electrical shutdown scopes;
- Display an overriding commitment to Health and Safety
- Review both planned and unplanned work executed in shutdowns
- Identify and resolve electrical issues, and assess the potential impact to personnel safety, plant and equipment in port shutdowns.
- Provide technical support to the shutdown department & perform internal quality assurance audits.
- Write, review and update work procedures, inspection sheets and quality assurance documents.
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership and communication skills. In addition to demonstrated ability to consolidate and analyse information, you will have the skills and knowledge to provide critical thinking and a solution-focused attitude.
You will have access to technology that will enable you to work flexibly, which is key to BHP’s success in addressing the requirements of a diverse workforce.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- A valid WA Electrical license;
- Experience within an equivalent industry and/or organizational experience, specifically Fixed Plant experience with ship loaders and car dumpers;
- A strong safety focus while working in a dynamic environment;
- Technically minded with proven experience working with and interpreting scopes of work from photographs and drawings (task planning)
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan and execute work required for maintenance activities;
- Highly computer literate, with the ability to utilise multiple platforms concurrently to create and interpret scopes of work, (SAP experience highly regarded);
This role is residential in Port Hedland on a 5 days on 2 days off roster. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia.
About our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicant’s suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, people with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.