Technician Maintenance | Mech Fitter | Pulleys and Gears | WA | Operations Services
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are seeking talented individuals to grow our passionate OS Fixed Plant Maintenance Pulleys Team as we expand our support across BHP’s Central and Eastern Pilbara operations. Our team specialises in the precision maintenance of all pulleys, gearboxes and motors for six WAIO operations.
Roles we are recruiting include Mechanical Fitters, Riggers, Boilermakers and Toolstore personnel.
You will be part of a dedicated team flying in to various BHP operations in the Pilbara covering peak demand shutdown labour requirements on a dynamic roster. Roles will be Full-time, Fly-in-Fly-Out from Perth.
Reporting to Supervisor Shutdown Maintenance, your duties will include:
- Ensuring conformance to our Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- An unwavering commitment to BHP Charter, health, safety, environment and sustainable development
- Planned Shutdown preventative and breakdown maintenance of Fixed Plant equipment
- Ensuring adequate identification and capture of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Fostering positive & productive working relationships and team culture, focusing on achievement and team engagement in all aspects of work
- Demonstrating safety focus in all work, including completion of Field Leadership activities per individual KPIs
- Lead and support continuous improvement opportunities to drive individual and team performance
About Operation Services
Operations Services (OS) is providing permanent employment to a growing team of more than 3800 employees. OS is committed to increase employment opportunities for Australian regional communities by delivering stability and sustainability that is good for our people and good for the communities.
Operation Services employees work in an environment where safety is central to role and support is always at hand. You will work as part of a smaller team so you can expect to build good connections with your supervisors and peers. OS has a high performing culture and encourages continuous improvement and development.
To find out more about working with Operations Services and meet some of our team, click here.
You believe in the value a maintenance professional can bring to an organisation and see the benefit of working towards a long-term career with BHP.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- A genuine commitment to Safety
- Ability to suitably work within planned or breakdown type maintenance environments
- Motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills and a track record of working well in a team environment
- Flexible, team-orientated approach with strong customer-relation skills
- A level of comfort with, or a willingness to upskill in, computer skills & programs (e.g. 1SAP, Fiori)
- Mining Industry/FIFO experience highly desirable but not essential
- HR Drivers Licence preferred
Having the right people working within our organisation focusing on our maintenance will allow us to unlock the value of our assets by ensuring that we have reliable equipment, predictable operations and a safe work environment for our people.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.