Manager Project Delivery COAP | Coal | Brisbane
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About BHP Coal
BMA is Australia’s largest coal producer and supplier of seaborne metallurgical coal. BMA is owned 50:50 by BHP and Mitsubishi Development. BMA operates seven Bowen Basin mines (Goonyella Riverside, Broadmeadow, Daunia, Peak Downs, Saraji, Blackwater and Caval Ridge) and owns and operates the Hay Point Coal Terminal near Mackay.
New South Wales Energy Coal consists of the Mt Arthur Coal open-cut energy coal mine in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales, Australia. The site produces coal for domestic and international customers in the energy sector.
About the Role
As the Manager Project Delivery, you will provide leadership and strategic direction to the project delivery team responsible for the delivery of asset projects across BHP’s Coal assets.
The central accountability of this role is achieving safe, project success. Success means safely realising approved business objectives within the constraints of scope, schedule, quality, and budget while building and sustaining effective relationships with your customer operations. BHP operates under a functional matrix organisational structure therefore the ability to integrate stakeholder sponsorship with functional support whilst steering performance will position you above the rest.
This is a Brisbane-based role with weekly travel to site as required to meet project and safety objectives.
In this role you will:
- Build a culture of continuous improvement through application of the BHP Operating System
- Coach and develop collaboration and cooperation in your teams to identify and deliver innovative value adding solutions
- Develop a high performance and cohesive project team along with mentoring talent for succession
- Manage the execution of projects to ensure safe delivery, and to the approved quality, schedule, cost and business case targets
- Build effective relationships with Operations and other stakeholders to ensure their needs and priorities are understood and managed
- Support implementation of project delivery strategies, methodologies, systems and execution plans, including risk and quality management plans generating actions to manage risk and mitigate adverse impacts
- Lead decision-making to ensure constant advancement of the project portfolio, minimise delays and setbacks, and ensure any deviations from the execution plan are adequately managed, communicated and rectified
- Manage external relationships proactively and participate as required in the award processes for execution and/or purchasing packages, leading technical evaluation of bidders
- Manage interaction with Development (project studies team) by providing input to the Selection & Definition Phase Studies to ensure a smooth transition to Delivery and Operations
- Ensure effective project portfolio monitoring routines and reports are embedded to identify and correct any deviations from plan
- Experience in Project Management delivery of complex, multi-discipline projects
- Degree qualified in Engineering or a technical discipline
- Leading by example; hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in “Safety Leadership”
- Proven leadership of project teams
- Strong customer focus, with an emphasis on relationship building and formal improvement practices underpinning those engagements
- High level communication and influencing skills, including the ability to produce quality, concise reports and presentations
- Understanding of commercial requirements and possess financial evaluation skills
- Risk and uncertainty management and analysis exposure
- Demonstrated technical and commercial acumen with advanced problem-solving skills
- Highly influential with strong engagement skills to generate ideas and lateral solutions
How to Apply
Please apply before 26 September 2022
You will be required to complete a short video assessment as part of your application.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.