Global Practice Lead - Electricity Infrastructure | Strategic Services | Perth or Brisbane
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About BHP's Strategy
The world faces a critical challenge to respond effectively to the risks of climate change. These risks are clear and pressing. Every segment of society – including business, government, investors, scientists and consumers – has a role to play.
BHP has a strategic approach to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions to net zero within our operations by 2050 and to work with customers and suppliers to support their own emissions reductions, consistent with the ambition of pursuing net zero in our value chain.
About the Role
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated professional to join the Strategic Services operational decarbonisation team to shape the BHP decarbonisation roadmap.
As key member of the Strategic Services leadership as the Global Practice Lead Electricity Infrastructure Strategic Services you will deliver deep technical leadership in defining and leading the development of electrical infrastructure required for electric mining machinery deployment in various BHP mines. You will also provide key input in mine design and planning to aid rapid and optimised uptake of electrical fleet.
In this role you will a be accountable to:
- Lead and support in the execution of the programme of work supporting decarbonisation efforts focusing electrification, risk and carbon abatement initiatives
- Development power demand forecast and usage profiles for mining machinery electrification to feed in wider asset power forecast model
- Model transmission and distribution requirement to deliver the future electrification power, including support on cost estimation activity and insights into emerging technologies
- Work closely with power procurement teams to identify transmission and distribution infrastructure requirements
- Establish a new concept of operations for a zero emissions operating future
- Build wide networks across the business and with external experts to influence transformational change and strategic thinking required to deliver simple solutions to complex problems
- Support strategic teams in their engagement of Assets, Functions and industry experts to deliver optimal power distribution and Energy Storage solutions including optimal size and chemistry decisions, maintenance requirements (TCO) and battery charging technologies to our operations safely and at the lowest cost
- Support and complete due diligence on modelling required to drive decision making to the optimal solutions for the business
- Prepare technical specifications and requirements for trial plans and success criteria to deliver certainty to new operational technologies being introduced into our operations
- Provide the technical insights to redesign operational core processes for our operations to build lowest cost automated electrified operations
- Provide clear technical requirements to our vendors and OEMs on BHP expectations for successful electrification of operations and other transformational change in future projects
- Support complex strategic operational challenges facing the business beyond the five-year plan such as solar and wind storage options
- Significant experience in aligned roles supported by tertiary qualifications
- Solid demonstrated experience deploying large scale renewable energy generation projects
- Track record of working on emerging technologies in the Power space
- Experience with large capital project deployment in the Energy industry
- In-depth modelling experience
- Demonstrated technical and commercial acumen with advanced problem-solving skills
- Experience supporting development of standards and industry requirements
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders in complex environments and have accomplished change on a global scale
- Highly influential with strong engagement skills to generate ideas and lateral solutions
How to Apply
Please apply online before 24 October 2022
You may be requested to complete a short video assessment as part of your application.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.