Reliability Engineer - Signals | Port Hedland | Resi or FIFO from Perth 5:2 or 5:2 4:3
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Reliability, you will provide engineering advice, execute, analysis and benchmark the Maintenance function's end-to-end performance.
In this role you will identify and implement improvement initiatives that enable functional excellence and support business priorities for continuous improvement.
The role will require you to:
- Examine asset performance and work management trends and identify opportunities to consistently improve equipment reliability and productivity.
- Guide and facilitate root cause analysis from identified gaps in equipment and work management performance.
- Manage End-to End asset life cycle and consistently optimise the asset management strategies to deliver business requirements.
- Develop capital business case / justification and drive the initiation of the projects. Provide input into the 5Y planning process.
- Support the Capital Project teams in project definition and delivery, this includes providing guidance on the maintenance strategy to the Operational Readiness teams.
- Provide frontline support to Maintenance Execution teams on reliability and maintainability queries.
- Support and be an advocate for BHP Operating System (BOS) Principles and Practices.
- Build strong relationships with all the internal and external stakeholders to influence and drive outcomes to deliver business goals.
- Provide support to capex opportunities framework.
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership capability, and communication skills.
Your interpersonal skills will foster collaborative working relationships across various teams. In addition to demonstrated ability to consolidate and analyse information, you will have the skills and knowledge to provide critical thinking and a solution-focused attitude.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified in Engineering (Mechanical/ Mechatronics/ Electrical) with experience in maintenance and/or reliability engineering in Mining or Oil and Gas industry;
- Demonstrated railway signalling maintenance experience is preferrable;
- Experience in signalling systems, fault finding is highly desirable;
- Experience in signalling asset-point machines, track circuits, batteries, LXs, DEDs, ATP, SERs, CBTC is preferable;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong understanding in continuous improvement;
- Ability to engage stakeholders effectively across all levels;
- Strong experience in SAP;
- Willingness to question, learn and make a difference.
You will be based at Port Hedland residential or on a fly-in fly-out 5:2 4:3 roster from Perth. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.