Principal - Mechanical Engineer | Nickel West | Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
Nickel West is one of the most sustainable nickel producers in the world and the world's leading nickel supplier to the battery metals market. Our nickel is essential to a decarbonising world and Nickel West has a global advantage in the sustainable production of nickel.
About the Role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager Asset Integrity, this role provides Governance for Mechanical Engineering across the asset. A role that offers variety, you will also be able to apply your knowledge and experience to standards and change management, small project capital delivery, mentoring and continuous improvement.
This role is based in Perth and offers flexibility in working locations
In this role you will:
- Focus on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching others
- Provide senior subject matter expertise and support to site Project teams and Engineering teams to ensure strong governance is maintained
- Review and update Standard Engineering Specifications across the asset to increase asset health and integrity
- Drive ongoing improvement of the operation through identification and implementation of improvement initiatives
- Govern and champion the asset’s Mechanical compliance to the Asset Integrity Management Standard
- Tertiary qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- A sound understanding of Australian Engineering Standards
- High levels of customer engagement that support quality delivery of fit-for-purpose solutions
- Experience in a senior role with technical governance and/or safety in design
- Well-developed communication skills with an interest in providing technical leadership, stewardship, support and solutions
- Attention to detail and finely tuned problem-solving skills
- The confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- The ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple deliverables across stakeholders
- Excellent influencing skills and engagement of teams that support high quality engaged delivery
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.