Superintendent Exploration and Resource Definition | Iron Ore | Pilbara | FIFO 5:2 / 4:3
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The Superintendent will lead a team of 4 Supervising Geologist while supporting a team of 12-17 Exploration and Resource Definition Geologist’s across BHP’s Eastern, Central and Northern Pilbara operations to be a highly motivated, safety focussed, results-driven team that fosters a positive, innovative and inclusive environment.
Key focus areas for the role include:
- Safe and sustainable team and program management within Field Geology.
- Continually supporting culture and capability development within immediate team as well as more broadly across Geoscience.
- Trade-off decision making between technical outcomes vs operational cost, aligned to business and budget commitments.
- Driving a “one-team” mentality across stakeholder groups, with teams working collaboratively across reporting lines to achieve best possible business outcomes.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement, to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of work.
To find out more about working for BHP, click here
We’re seeking an individual who demonstrates the below;
- Commitment to safety including field leadership, risk assessments and control management.
- Displays excellent people and team leadership skills to drive project outcomes and can work collaboratively with other teams to achieve results.
- Stakeholder engagement skills are essential in establishing effective working relationships across multiple teams within WAIO stakeholder groups and contract partners.
- Prior experience in technical geoscience, exploration strategy and resource definition activities is be preferred.
You will spend alternative weeks based at our ‘Area C’ & ‘Whaleback’ mine sites on a 5:2 / 4:3 roster (fly-in fly-out or residential).
The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.