Safety Specialist | Iron Ore | South Flank | FIFO from Perth | 5/2/4/3
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the WA Iron Ore safety team on our South Flank mine site. The role involves partnering with line leadership to provide coaching, technical expertise, direction and advice on safety risk management, field leadership and event & investigation quality.
South Flank is a dynamic site where we strive to achieve culture of inclusion and diversity, improve safety and productivity with the use of technology. We have strong focus on high performance, indigenous participation and gender balance.
This position is based on a Perth on a FIFO from Perth roster of 5/2/4/3 however flexible work options will be considered.
In this role you will
- Support line management in their accountability for HSE risk assessments, event investigation, field leadership and compliance to relevant HSE requirements;
- Monitor the quality of HSE risk assessments, event investigation and field leadership;
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety content for upskilling Functional and Operational teams including contractor personnel
- Facilitate the communication between workgroups to ensure consistency in systems, processes, procedures and goals.
- Support line leadership in building an understanding of, and compliance with, relevant HSE Our Requirements (GLD) and legal requirements
- Participate in other business plan projects
You will be a self-motivated professional a solid record of accomplishment of achieving results through influence, coaching and mentoring. You will work hard, have fun and support the team to achieve our collective goals.
You will also have:
- A proven passion for safety and a culture of care;
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in Health and Safety or related field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence at multiple levels in safety;
- Coaching and mentoring skills with a genuine desire to help people, achieve solid outcomes and support continuous improvement;
- Ability to self-motivate, manage priorities and consume data to effectivity deliver safety support.
- Strong attention to detail to support safety accountability for function and project teams.
- A current Australian drivers licence
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.