Specialist Software Asset Management Cost Engineer
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The Specialist Software License Management Cost Engineer is a key role embedded into the Enterprise & Global Technology Software License Management team to support our finance management processes. Software License Management looks after a large software budget and this role is key to supporting budgeting, planning and forecasting as well as operational processes. A key component of the role will be to drive optimisation and continuous improvement.
Key accountabilities include:
- Supports the month end processes related to the software license management budget, including SAP accruals, non-PO accruals, amortisations / prepayments and cost transfer journals
- Supports the required financial reporting associated with managing the software license management budget, including variance analysis and management reporting. Provision of detailed root cause analysis and continuous improvement to support adherence to forecast and budget accuracy.
- Support the development and management of the Software License Budget and Forecast outcomes across the portfolio.
- Engage with key stakeholders across Technology, Assets and Finance to enable preparation and execution of required financial processes.
- Tracking and management of growth memo and transfer memo processes, including understanding of new Projects which upon delivery require Opex increases by way of run costs.
- Facilitates and guides teams to apply the accounting principles and standards to drive successful financial reporting.
- Develops and communicates insights that guide data driven action and decision making. These should relate to savings, cost reduction and financial optimisation
- Facilitates and develops several new processes relating to cost transparency and reporting relating to the software license budget.
We are eager to engage with people who have a genuine interest in starting a career within Technology and come from a range of diverse backgrounds. We are looking for adaptable, positive individuals who are open to exploring the world of software license management whilst learning something new every day.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Extensive experience in SAP financial processes and reporting
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting processes
- Knowledge of accounting rules and processes
- Data analysis, interpretation and presentation experience and capability
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Motivation to learn and develop new skills
- The ability to foster a teamwork atmosphere within the work group
- Proven commitment to Safety
About our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK)
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.