Specialist Enterprise Tech
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills, and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
What we Offer
- Flexible work in a family friendly culture
High Profile Projects
- Support Digital transformation of BHP with projects designed to unlock long-term value
- Large program of work with people, with lots of opportunities to explore other teams, products, and technologies
About the Role
In this newly created role, we are seeking an Enterprise Technology Specialist to join the BHP Technology Strategy, Performance & Portfolio team. This role contributes to translating business strategy into technology solutions across the organisation.
- Applies architecture tools/best practices and develops high level enterprise architecture designs.
- Develops Technology strategy, roadmaps and architectural models in alignment with the current and future needs of the business.
- Provides specialist advisory on BHP architectural direction and emerging technologies.
- Documents the portfolio of technology services across BHP and assesses the current landscape for transformation.
- Reviews cloud, data, digital and network strategies as input to guide a cohesive enterprise strategy. Supports provision of feedback and direction to those strategies for unified enterprise architecture and platform choice.
- Understands value of enterprise architecture and platform choices to guide priority and investment of BHP into technology roadmap.
- Applies a broad understanding of knowledge in cloud, on premise, data, network, digital and service design.
- Translates corporate objectives into actionable plans, communicating, managing and analysing the implementation of those plans, and reporting back on their progress to facilitate the delivery of our strategy.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Enterprise Architecture definition and documentation.
- Experience in legacy, hybrid and modern cloud architectures.
- Relevant undergraduate qualifications in a technical discipline, preferably Engineering or Technology/IT
- Cloud certifications
About our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK)
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
To find out more about working at BHP, click here