Manager Digital Strategy
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills, and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
What We Offer
- Flexible work in a family friendly culture
High Profile Projects
- Support Digital transformation of BHP with projects designed to unlock long-term value
- Large program of work with people, with lots of opportunities to explore other teams, products, and technologies
About the Role
In this newly created role, we are seeking a Manager Digital Strategy to join the BHP Technology Strategy, Portfolio & Performance team. This role is critical to lead a team focused on the technology strategy required to deliver BHP’s digital transformation.
- Translates digital technology, user and business requirements into technology strategies and solutions to meet current and future needs.
- Determines digital maturity required for BHP and builds the roadmap of all capabilities deliver that outcome.
- Identifies platform and product solutions to support digital technology strategy.
- Provides technology thought leadership on digital competencies.
- Builds modern software development practices and the definition of BHP’s software development framework.
- Works across diverse technology teams in business and technology groups to develop strategy, preferred solutions and gain endorsement.
- Manages the SPP digital team SMEs to deliver holistic digital transformation strategy.
- Represents the digital strategy in end-to-end strategy planning; identifying and articulating capabilities to support other technology goals.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Enterprise leadership of strategy with a deep technology enablement focus (software design, testing, CI/CD).
- Experience with DevSecOps maturity frameworks and defining roadmaps to increase maturity.
- Experience with development, and leading development teams.
- Ability to lead a team of professionals to consistently deliver commitments whilst supporting team performance and capability development through collaboration, sharing of lessons learned and providing on-time feedback.
- Demonstrate skills in the ability to listen and convey information and updates effectively. Apply different communication methods to ensure others understand the context, purpose, objectives, resources and time frame for work and tasks.
- Strong collaboration, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Strives to achieve 100% safety, 100% customer value and 0% waste.
- Relevant undergraduate qualifications in a technical discipline, preferably Engineering or Technology/IT and cloud certification.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK)
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
To find out more about working at BHP, click here