Principal Risk Business Partner Nickel West | Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The Risk Business Partner role offers an exciting opportunity to support our Nickel West Asset as part of the Global Risk, Insurance and Audit Function. The Risk Business Partner is central to the operating in the 2nd line and supporting the business in the application of the Risk Framework. This role provides challenge, insight and coaching to the first line and interfaces across operational stakeholders.
This is a permanent role based out of Perth with flexible work options available.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Contribute to the creation, continual improvement, and support of the Company-wide risk management framework for all risks, including policies and procedures, tools, roles and responsibilities, and best practice methodologies.
- Contribute to the evaluation and prioritization of improvements and plans and monitor the implementation of these.
- Provide oversight, challenge and support insights to the first line
- Deliver training and build capability in the risk management framework.
- Support line management to maintain an effective control environment (with consideration to both efficiency and effectiveness for control design, verification, and testing) and to implement the Risk Architecture (RAS, KRIs).
- Identify local and operational emerging risks and changing regulatory requirements and alert line management for inclusion in the local risk profile.
- Leverage your open and collaborative style to facilitate cooperation and influence across the division.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to pro-actively drive and shape their role, supported by leadership strongly aligned to BHP Core Values. You will have skills and experience to deliver in the following areas:
- Demonstrates an ability to identify key / critical working relationships within and across teams, and promote the effective development of these relationships.
- A strong working knowledge and deep understanding of risk framework’s, including risk appetite, architecture, governance, process and systems.
- Leads change management activities for moderate complexity change.
- Ability to facilitate alignment and decision making in the context of conflict and opposing views, in line with the Charter Values.
- Understands and regularly discusses the role of risk management in growing and protecting value.
- Ensures integration in planning and execution across functional boundaries.
- Significant experience in risk management in an operational environment, with knowledge of professional standards (ISO31000, COSO, RIMS, or equivalent).
- Previous experience leading and managing teams, preferable within an operational / site based environment.
- SAP Risk Management experience preferred.
- Tertiary relevant degree in engineering / technology / finance or other relevant fields.
- Professional risk accreditation, or equivalent
- Full proficiency in English language
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.