Specialist Project Studies | WA Asset Projects | Mines and NPI - Water Portfolio | Perth | Full-time
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
BHP are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our WA Asset Projects Mines and NPI Portfolio in a Specialist Project Studies role.
Working in a dynamic, collaborative and supportive team, you will support critical studies and promote business excellence using your problem solving, critical thinking, stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
Reporting to a Lead Project Studies in the Water Management Portfolio of projects, you will support the development of projects managing disposal of surplus water across the WA Iron Ore assets with the unique opportunity to deliver on our public water commitments, manage long-term business risk, and leave a positive legacy for future generations. You will play a significant role in supporting the delivery of business value through the development of superior safety, scope, cost, schedule, and quality outcomes.
Other key accountabilities (in collaboration with the Lead Project Studies) will include:
- Supporting the development of the study in accordance with Our Requirements and the Minerals Australia Projects Internal Standard.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders and integrating inputs from various contributors to the study under the functional model.
- Assisting with the analysis and review of input from technical and commercial functions, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Supporting the development of key recommendations and decisions, contributing to value optimisation, embedding high quality, robustness and ensuring solutions and documents are developed in accordance with BHP’s project systems.
- Ensuring the project risks are identified and actively managed throughout the study phases.
Experienced in working within dynamic project environments, you will be an effective problem solver and compelling influencer, able to clearly communicate business benefits, risks, and project dependencies.
In addition you will possess the following:
- You will have divergent and convergent thinking skills.
- Strong understanding of business value and be adept at stakeholder management.
- You will be degree qualified in either engineering, science, business, project management or similar.
- Experience with water related infrastructure studies is desirable.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.