Lead Design Systems | Olympic Dam | Adelaide | Full-time
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a technical Lead Design Systems Reporting to the Superintendent Information Stewardship. The role supports the Olympic Dam Asset.
At BHP we value a flexible workplace so guidance for the role is 5/2 Adelaide based with ad-hoc site based time at Olympic Dam.
The Lead Design Systems will:
- Manage and govern Engineering Design Systems in use at Olympic Dam.
- Lead Teams and drive continuous improvement across the systems and processes.
- Provide technology systems support and interface for wider G&TS Team.
We value diversity in thinking and your career to date will testify your ability to get the best from a diverse and inclusive team culture. Energetic and results-orientated, you work well under pressure and are comfortable with ambiguity.
In addition you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience leading and delivering high impact large scale improvement projects in a mining or technology or asset intensive context.
- Ability to establish credibility through your strong technical ability, leadership and excellent communication skills.
- A strategic and analytical thinker, you will demonstrate strong business acumen and be able to get to the root cause of problems.
- Familiar working in complex matrix work environments and be able to navigate stakeholders through your influencing, coaching and mentoring skills.
- An ability to constructively question ideas and build trusted relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders will be essential.
- Previous consulting, mining or heavy industry experience is favourable.
- Tertiary qualification in systems, process or engineering preferred but not essential.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.