Principal Asset Management | Coal | Brisbane | Full-time
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The Principal Asset Management is a key role, globally driving the synergies between multiple BHP operations, functions and Assets. This role will ensure that we have a common approach for managing our mining plant and equipment, and that selection aligns with our long-term plans. You will utilize innovative approaches, tools and technology to add real value to our teams – setting new standards to guide improvement activity, transforming services, and supporting our people.
Reporting to the Manager of Asset Planning and Standards, this role will perform in-depth modelling and analysis and provide recommendations to manage mining plant and equipment. This team will provide a global view of equipment requirements and key requirements for the life of asset, relating to repurposing, re-deployment, purchase, or retirement of capital equipment. This role will ensure that we deliver equipment and asset requirements to meet production demand and our future plans.
- Develop and provide strategic leadership of the Asset Management System
- Drive synergies between multiple BHP operations and Assets, ensuring that we have a common framework approach for managing our plant, and that equipment selection aligns with our long-term plans
- Identify parameters to develop a comprehensive portfolio of signs and triggers that promote predictive and sustainable maintenance programs
- Evaluate processes, identify criteria and development of a prioritised roll out plan to enable alignment of global Asset Management Program
- Deployment of reviews, using the appropriate methodologies to assess and evaluate process to enable efficient equipment selection, performance and low-cost production across BHP
- Develop, comprehensive models for assets, including the planning, acquiring, operating, maintaining, renewing and disposing of assets across BHP
- Determine the underlying cause of problems and evaluate multiple solutions to ensure a planned and structured approach to solving complex organisational or asset problems
- Sources information, plans and conducts analyses to support evidence-based decision making
- Set technical equipment specifications for globally governed equipment
As part of a small team the success of the role will be underpinned through supporting diversity of thought and collaboration. Thus, we encourage individuals from all industries to apply.
You will ideally possess:
- Experience in a similar role in Asset Management or heavy industry coupled with a degree in Engineering or similar
- Have an understanding of the practice of end-to-end Asset Management. Demonstrated experience in whole of life asset planning and capital expenditure processes including equipment lifecycle costing and supply or procurement of equipment
- Practical experience in mining equipment, application, maintenance and engineering
- You will have financial skills that translate into strong business acumen. With a focus on continuous improvement, you will present innovative ideas and be passionate about delivering extraordinary results
- It is essential that you are a team player who promotes and supports workplace diversity
- Proven track record of exceptional change management implementation skills across multiple locations and regions
- Ability to manage though influence at multiple organisational levels and interfaces
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.