Engineer Electrical | Iron Ore | Area C | 5:2 / 4:3
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our Iron Ore Engineering team in Central Pilbara. This role will provide high level of technical support for the diverse range of areas/teams including, Fixed Plant, Mobile Equipment, Balanced Machines, Reliability and Capital Projects.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer Governance and Technical Stewardship (GTS), you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support to stakeholders in both planned and breakdown environments
- Provide both design and construction support for capital modifications and upgrades led by Project Managers within the CPE Engineering team who will consult you while liaising with engineering service providers and construction contractors
- Evaluate changes to electrical system modifications, reviewed through the Management of Change process and engineering assessment actions or technical queries
- Audit equipment electrical compliance to regulatory requirements and internal policies, procedures and standards
- Contribute to the development of Engineering graduates and interns
- Liaising with the drafting team and reviewing engineering drawings and documentations
- Ensuring the execution contractor delivers work safely, as per scope of works and design requirements.
You will be an experienced and capable Electrical Engineer with strong communication skills and an eye for detail. You enjoy challenging yourself while striving for success and contributing to a great team culture as well as developing your career.
Your attributes should include:
- Tertiary degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Previous industry/site experience (desirable)
- Experience reviewing and signing off engineering documents and drawings
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- A current ‘C’ Class drivers’ licence
About the Team
Central Pilbara Engineering supports iron ore mines Mining Area C, South Flank and Yandi. South Flank is BHP's newest iron ore mine, and the biggest in 50 years. It expands existing infrastructure at Mining Area C, adding new crushing and screening capacity, an extensive overland conveyor system, expanded stockyards and new train loading facilities to form the Pilbara's biggest hub.
GTS maintain and validate operation’s blueprint information and assure asset integrity, set and govern engineering standards and specifications for the operation and ensure alignment to relevant engineering standards and requirements for upgrades and modifications.
Our team is passionate about creating value by making great ideas real, using our expertise to ensure safe and stable operations, supporting each other, fostering a culture of care and accountability and searching for innovative ways of working to unlock outstanding performance.
To find out more about working with BHP please click here
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.