Principal Value Engineering
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
BHP’s Value Engineering group was established to identify, maximise and implement value-adding capability and performance improvement opportunities across the value chain of BHP’s assets.
We are a collaborative team of engineers, data analysts, data scientists and simulation specialists, who combine these skill areas to analyse the end-to-end value chain of BHP’s assets, to identify, evaluate and recommend opportunities to lift asset capability and performance in the short, medium and long term. You will be part of this global team, reporting to the Manager Value Engineering and working alongside value engineering leads, principals and specialists, using your engineering expertise and drawing on the knowledge of operations and business experts linked with BHPs assets to design and track the effectiveness of value-added recommendations.
Your main focus areas in this role Include
- Plan and lead the identification and delivery of value engineering projects, including capital productivity initiatives, Value Optimisation and Engineering
- Maximise project value by identifying alternative engineering design options through creative thinking processes
- Uncover capability, performance improvement and value engineering opportunities for short, medium and long term time frames across the BHP value chain;
- Work closely with operations and stakeholders to ensure that the relevant business problems are identified, defined and structured - including context, success measures, and potential challenges;
- Support and collaborate with Value Engineering leads, principals and specialists and asset project teams by providing technical direction, expertise and review in areas such as business acumen, engineering and operational knowledge and problem solving
- Employ a planned and structured approach to define and evaluate multiple solutions to complex problems; communicate results, insights and recommendations to guide actions and decision making.
- Proven experience supporting and delivering projects or studies in engineering, heavy industry, or infrastructure
- Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering related discipline
- Capability in project scoping, project planning and executing work using a disciplined approach to attain project goals
- Strong presentation and communication skills, and ability to influence stakeholders with different areas of expertise and experience
- Familiar working in complex matrix work environments and be able to navigate stakeholders through your influencing, coaching and mentoring skills
- Degree qualified in project management, engineering, management, or related disciplines is desired, but not essential
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.