Specialist OT Operations Autonomy | Daunia Mine | 7/7 | FIFO
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
This position you will work FIFO on site on a 7 on x 7 off Roster, working a pattern of days and nights. Shifts are 12.5 hours including handover, and you will benefit from additional shift allowances, as part of your remuneration package.
Your duties will include:
- Providing 24/7 Tier 2 support of the OT Autonomous environment
- Provide first point of contact support for Production OT systems in scope for TROC
- Proactive monitoring & event management to maintain critical production systems and Operational Technology (OT) availability
- Engaging with AHS controllers and other operational personnel to resolve Technology systems and applications
- Rapidly provide break-fix solutions to restore production system availability following outages
- Perform logical maintenance activities that reduce failure rates and downtime of equipment
- Safe execution of planned maintenance activities
- Engaging site operation stakeholders during events, incidents, and changes
- Scoping and execution of minor improvement works
You will be a self-motivated and effective communicator with an interest in Technology and Automation. Some skills and experience desirable for the role include:
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Flexibility and confidence, in decision making
- We expect you to be self-aware, motivated, and have excellent social skills. We work in a close-knit environment which is essential for fostering a positive team culture.
- Technical / IT / OT aptitude and skill
- Experience working with or troubleshooting operational technologies will be well regarded but is not mandatory:
- Fleet Management Systems (e.g. MineStar Command and Terrain, Komatsu FrontRunner)
- Industrial Wireless networks (e.g. Cisco, Nokia LTE)
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Process discipline to log Calls / Incidents, capturing detailed information to support escalation if required
- Self-motivated to drive continuous improvement initiatives across multiple crews
- Ability to build strong working relationships and work with others for a collective outcome
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a range of cross functional stakeholders
- Analytical and problem-solving skill.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.