Superintendent Maintenance Hydromet SX TRS | Olympic Dam | Residential or FIFO
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to Manager Maintenance Surface at BHP’s Olympic Dam Operation, this the role is to provide leadership and direction to the team supporting the maintenance activities within the Hydromet and SX plants. This involves the maintenance of plant, equipment and infrastructure overseeing compliance to the weekly work schedule, work instructions and defined processes to achieve optimal maintenance and operational outcomes.
You will support Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) work strategies and in compliance with the daily work schedule, relevant standards and work instructions, in order to meet and improve required Surface Plant availability.
This role is based at Olympic Dam and can be offered as 5/2 Residential or 5/2,4/3 FIFO ex-Adelaide.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader by engaging, developing and coaching your team whilst ensuring an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Build business partnerships and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders internal and external to the business
- Positively shape culture in alignment with the BHP Charter Values
- Lead and develop a team of technical and operational professionals
- Ensure maintenance teams understand the value of 1SAP work management processes and related metrics
- Develop budgets and forecasts for your Maintenance area and assist Manager Maintenance Surface with the creation of overall department budget
- Lead the Maintenance teams and promote operating discipline related to the 1SAP work management processes
- Encourage and promote continuous improvement by constantly looking for opportunities to improve work practices and procedures
- Lead process improvement initiatives to support customer group by leveraging BOS practices
- A technical qualification or tertiary degree qualification
- Solid understanding and exposure to maintenance practices
- Experience large scale materials handling, mining or ore processing operation is highly desirable
- Foundational leadership experience and engagement of teams that support high quality and engaged delivery
- Experience implementing continuous improvement strategies and change management processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to support cross-departmental engagement and effective communication throughout multiple levels of the business
How to Apply
Please apply online before 4 February 2023
You may be requested to complete a short video interview as part of your application
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.