Specialist Maintenance Electrical HV | Olympic Dam | 7/7
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster pattern arrangement with residential FIFO (from Adelaide) or DIDO options available.
The position of Specialist Maintenance Electrical HV will form part of a multi-functional and diverse team supporting the area specific Maintenance department to safely and efficiently achieve departmental and BHP Olympic Dam business objectives.
In this role you will:
- Have a commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
- Be responsible for the execution of activities across shifts and other departments in order to safely add value and improve efficiencies
- Provide Electrical HV technical expertise within the maintenance team whilst facilitating preventative and reactive maintenance activities
- Foster strong and productive working relationships across all internal and external stakeholders
- Be active in identifying and communicating improvements to procedures, processes or plant and participate in problem solving and troubleshooting of plant issues as required
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise relevant to the role and support the Management of Change process to all plant modifications executed by the maintenance team
- Embrace the step-up culture and be flexible to fill other leadership positions as required
- Scope and execute planned and unplanned electrical maintenance activities
To find out more about working at Olympic Dam CLICK HERE
- Australian recognised Electrical Trade qualifications (essential)
- South Australian Unrestricted Electrical Licence (or eligibility to obtain)
- Previous experience with HV switchgear, HV transformers, HV motors, etc
- Participated in HV isolations and de-isolations of equipment, preferably on 6.6kV and higher voltages
- Proven fault finding experience
- Competent computer skills and ideally have exposure to SAP
- Demonstrated leadership ability, with Cert IV in Leadership and Management (Frontline Management) highly regarded
- Experience and qualifications in hazardous area environments preferred
- Understanding of Quality Assurance and current WHS legislation
- Previous shift work experience would be preferred
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.