Engineer Reliability | Newman | Whaleback | Resi or Fifo 5:2:4:3
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Fixed plant Maintenance- Reliability, you will be a key member of the Whaleback Maintenence team. You will focus on delivering safe, simpler and more reliable infrastructure by optimising asset strategy, managing asset health and proactively eliminating defects.
The role will require you to:
- Examine asset performance, work management trends and identify opportunities to safely improve equipment reliability and productivity.
- Guide, facilitate and champion root cause analysis with the maintainers, articulating identified gaps in equipment and work management performance.
- Manage end-to-end life cycle of your assets and continually optimise asset management strategies.
- Undertake engineering investigations and problem solving in relation to fixed plant infrastructure assets.
- Provide governance and audit to ensure compliance with the plant process and regulatory changes
- Develop capital business cases / justifications and drive the initiation of the projects. Provide input into the 5-year planning process.
- Ensure drawings, specifications and scopes of work documentations are relevant and adequately reviewed.
- Support the Capital Project teams in project definition and delivery by providing requirements on maintenance strategy to Operational Readiness teams and Project Delivery teams.
- Provide frontline support to Maintenance Execution teams on reliability, and maintainability.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to positively influence, drive outcomes, remove ambiguity and collaborate to deliver business goals.
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership capability, and communication skills. Your interpersonal skills will foster collaborative working relationships across various teams. In addition to your demonstrated ability to consolidate and analyse information, you will have the skills and knowledge to provide critical thinking with a solution-focused attitude.
You will have access to technology that will enable you to work flexibly, which is key to BHP’s success in addressing the requirements of a diverse workforce.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified in Engineering (Civil, Structural or a closely related discipline) with experience in maintenance and/or reliability engineering in Mining, Oil and Gas or other heavy industry.
- Experience managing facilities asset classes and functions in heavy industrial or commercial environments. This includes Buildings, Roads, Water and Civil Infrastructure
- Experience & knowledge of inspecting fixed plant including bridge, semi gantry, gantry cranes, vehicle hoists, vehicle loading cranes, pressure vessels, dryers , Fuel Farms and compressors.
- Experience in SAP Work Management
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong understanding in continuous improvement.
- Ability to engage stakeholders effectively across all levels.
- Willingness to question, learn and make a difference.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.