Supervisor Mine Services
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About BMA Goonyella
Goonyella Riverside is a large open cut coking coalmine in the Bowen Basin located 30km north of Moranbah. Goonyella Riverside Mine utilises both Dragline and Truck & Shovel stripping methods to uncover 3 seams of coal and is processed through 2 prep plants. Pioneering autonomous haulage in open cut coal mining we are continuing to position our operation as a global leader in innovation and technology in the mining industry.
About the Role
This opportunity is located at our Goonyella Riverside Mine. We are currently looking for a Mine Services Supervisor to join the team on a lifestyle roster.
The Mine Services portfolio is varied and dynamic covering a wide range of tasks and environments interacting with multiple processes across site operations. The work is crucial to the success of the operation and the team must always be performing at a high level.
As a supervisor you will have strong leadership skills and the ability to positively influence our team culture and outcomes. Your ability to lead by example with integrity, be proactive and prioritise safety and outcomes will be critical to your success.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing supervision, support and coaching for the Mine Services crew.
- Upholding and driving the highest level of safety standards, through visible operational leadership and risk management processes.
- Ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act and Mines Safety Inspection Regulations.
- Managing workloads and allocating duties to execute routine and project work effectively, aligning with daily and weekly plans in accordance with business objectives and outcomes.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders with strong communication skills and a highly focused customer service mentality.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- A team player who can influence and shape our culture with a demonstrated passion for safety, continuos improvement and operational efficiency
- Proven track record of safe work practices in high risk environments, hazard identification and rectification
- Ability to carry out risk assessments, process confirmation activities and workplace inspections to ensure site standards and safe working environments
- Minimum basic computer literacy with SAP knowledge advantageous
- High level understanding of incident and investigation procedures
- Minimum of C class manual driver license
- Previous experience in large scale open pit mining operations with an appreciation of operating and/or managing dewatering infrastructure and auxiliary mining equipment.
- Autonomous Haulage experience.
Understanding and application of BOS (BHP Operating Systems).
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.