Apprentice Coordinator | BMA | Peak Downs | 5:2
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for an Apprentice Coordinator to join our Maintenance Team based on site at Peak Downs Mine site. Reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance Contracts, you will be responsible for coordination and continuous improvement of the detailed design of apprenticeship programs supporting the Maintenance Department.
Key responsibilities include:
- This diverse range of work will see you play a pivotal role in developing and delivering the future workforce required. As the Apprentice Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of the apprenticeship programme to ensure that apprentices gain the technical competencies required to undertake their work in a skilled, safe and effective manner
- Coordinate the work readiness programme when a new intake of apprentices are on-boarded
- Support the on-boarding of apprentice recruitment activity, including attracting diverse apprentices
- Manage and coordinate all rotations including offsite training blocks ensuring accommodation is secured, along with site rotations for each year
- Ensure all apprentices are set up with training log books (e.g. Skills Tracker, Ready Skills, Exemplar) and are continually monitored to ensure progression
- Managing apprentice leave requests
- Facilitate performance reviews between the apprentices and the supervisor/mentor
- Work closely with schools to ensure we have a presence during mock interviews, careers days, school talks, presentation nights, etc.
To find out more about working with BHP please click here
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership capability, and communication skills. Your interpersonal skills will foster collaborative working relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the organization and you will have access to technology that will enable you to work flexibly, which is key to BHP's success in addressing the requirements of a diverse workforce.
To be successful in this position, you will demonstrate the following skills or a willingness to learn:
- Experience as an Apprenticeship Coordinator is preferred
- A registered trade qualification in maintenance is desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of quality of relevant training, legislative and regulatory frameworks, policies and procedures (including detailed knowledge and understanding of the Further Education And Training Act 2014)
- Well-developed conflict resolution, training and interviewing skills
- Well-developed analytical and record keeping and administrative skills
- Willingness to lead and implement change, as well as influence, coach and model BHP values and behaviours
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.