Lead Technology Procurement | Brisbane/Perth/Adelaide
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Leads a team focused on the development of cross-cutting multi-year strategies and partnerships, and conducting sourcing activities. Coaches and develops team leaders / teams to deliver high performance.
- Optimizes risk and reward based on an understanding that value drives and underpins all processes, decisions, strategies and plans within BHP to maximize value and deliver the best bottom-line for the organization.
- Obtains the Lowest Total Cost of Ownership for goods and services, value, and quality using market research, supplier evaluation, and fact-based negotiation to meet business objectives.
- Builds and manages strategic supplier relationships that target realization of value over and above contract value through innovation, risk sharing, R&D and active commercial partnerships.
- Develops value chain strategies and customizes these for a category to identify, structure and prioritize opportunities and make educated risk tradeoffs across categories and regions over medium-term time horizon that are then executed in the sourcing cycle.
- Frames, evaluates and communicates the risk-reward proposition of strategies, plans and decisions; improves investment methodologies, processes, capabilities and culture to enhance investment decision quality, to maximize the long-term value of BHP.
- Applies an understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain to enhance efficiency, drive optimization, and maximize value.
- Prior experience in procurement, sales, supply chain, legal or related commercial discipline is highly regarded
- Previous experience in leading teams is desirable but not essential
- Previously demonstrated ability to collaborate and deliver customer focused outcomes is essential.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.