Executive Assistant | Brisbane | 12 months Fixed Term
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to provides comprehensive executive support activities including the development and delivery of work plans, execution of administrative functions/communications, essential data management practices and the fostering of a positive team culture to drive efficiency across operational routines.
Reporting to Vice President Maintenance, your key accountabilities include:
- Provide high level support to the Vice President Maintenance with a high regard for confidentiality.
- Extensive diary management including coordinating and scheduling of appointments and meetings, ensuring the leaders’ commitments and KPI’s are met.
- Preparation of agendas, presentations, statistical data and reports as required.
- Support in preparation of correspondence (internal & external).
- Use of 1SAP to create purchase orders, purchase goods from the warehouse and e-catalogue.
- Co-ordination of events and functions including team building days and offsite meetings.
- Visa & AMEX reconciliations.
- Regularly administering and assisting with audits.
- 1SAP/SAP reservations and requisitions.
- Flight & accommodation bookings via Workflow & AEGBT portal.
- Ensure all executive support and administrative tasks are carried out skilfully, efficiently and within required timeframes.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in supporting senior leaders in the executive or C Suite levels.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, proactively establish priorities and take responsibility for time sensitive deliverables.
- Your strong solving communication and organizational skills will be an asset - as will your attention to detail, initiative and talent to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- You will be an advocate for enabling collaboration and the simplification of tasks and possess strong knowledge of MS Office suite systems.
- Relevant work experience in resource industry or relevant will be highly regarded.
- While it is not mandatory, experience with any of these systems will be highly regarded: 1SAP, SAMS Workflow, FLEX, SharePoint and 1DOC.
Location and Roster
In this 12 month Fixed-Term position, you will be based at our Brisbane corporate office and working on Monday-Friday roster.
What is on offer?
- Flexible working options, benefits to enable your work-life balance.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Various leave options.
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program.
To find out more about working with BHP and to meet some of our team, Click here
Reference Number – 67013
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process. Video assessment is not applicable for BHP Internal applicants.
- Application closes on Sunday, 26th March 2023.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.