Technician Boilermaker (Field) | Area C | FIFO 2/1
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a qualified boilermaker who has had extensive experience with maintaining heavy mobile equipment. This is a permanent position based at our Area C mine on a 2/1 (days & nights) FIFO roster from Perth. We are also open to discussing flexible work arrangements.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Charter, our Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations;
- Overriding commitment to BHP Charter, health, safety, environment and sustainable development
- Working within MEM, you will be responsible for preventative and breakdown maintenance of all surface mobile equipment. Team members are expected to demonstrate focus on safety, achievement and team engagement in all aspects of their work.
- Ensuring dispatch and KPI reporting systems are kept up to date and reflect actual equipment status for down time and data is analysed to identify trends and target improvement opportunities;
- Ensuring adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Australian recognised Boilermaker / Fabrication trade qualification - essential
- Solid field equipment boilermaking maintenance competency
- Proven experience working with Liebherr diggers and Epiroc drills - highly desirable
- Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, be self-motivated and show passion toward the equipment within the department.
- Experience in mining maintenance environments
- Capability in 1SAP or similar maintenance management systems (desirable)
- C Class manual driver’s license - essential
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.