Heavy Diesel Fitter (Autonomous) | Newman East | FIFO | 8:6/7:7
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success
About the Role
Newman Operations is part of Western Australian Iron Ore (WAIO) and consists of two mining sites in the Pilbara region of Western Australia on the traditional lands of the Nyiyaparli people.
Comprising of Newman East and Newman West, Newman Operations accounts for about 78 million tonnes in total iron ore production. Newman Operations is part of an 85:15 joint venture between BHP, and Mitsui and ITOCHU.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for diagnosing, repairs and the maintaining of the autonomous mobile fleet of Caterpillar Autonomous 793F trucks and other supporting mobile fleet where required.
As a candidate who enjoys a workshop environment of high safety and operational standards you will: -
- Hold extensive experience in a workshop environment/truck environment
- Conduct heavy Vehicle Mechanical Maintenance and Inspections to a fleet of 793F Autonomous Caterpillar Trucks and other Cat mobile equipment such as Water Trucks, Dozers, Loaders & Graders
- Provide diagnostics, repairs and maintenance to all Caterpillar mobile fleet when necessary
- Following specific maintenance programs and procedures and carrying out checks on equipment
- Ensure accurate completion of technical documentation, reports and drawings
- Be comfortable in the use of computerised maintenance systems (SAP), including time confirmations, raising notifications and closing work orders
- Take personal responsibility for helping the team achieve expected results by doing what is required and taking timely actions within the scope of competence without being supervised.
- Undertake training on a regular basis and provide support and coaching to work mates within area of competence.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with rescheduling of work, organising and coordinating resources, scoping of work and determining priorities when required
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in the implementing of the new initiatives in a constructive way
- Commit to your development within the division technically and professionally
- Safety first always approach, with the capacity to speak up where necessary and play a key role in a positive team culture to ensure your workplace is a great workplace to be a part of
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Australian Recognised Heavy Diesel Trade Certificate
- Strong heavy vehicle mechanical fitting maintenance competency, with sound diagnostic abilities
- Well-developed understanding of maintaining Cat SME – Advantageous
- C class drivers licence (HR desirable)
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work of schematic drawings
- Exposure to FIFO or shift work
- Strong presentation, communication and coaching skills and the ability to work closely in a team environment
Attitude is everything. Mechanically & diagnostically experienced, passionate, intrigued and engaged? Enjoy being challenged? Enthusiastic approach with a will to grow and learn? Demonstrate complex problem solving, forward thinking, complex maintenance forecasting and the capacity to think on one's feet? Ready to invest in the future of autonomous mining, mechanical diagnostics and career growth. The future is clear. It’s happening now…
If you are committed to a respectful workplace and want to unlock your potential whilst helping BHP achieve, then get in touch to find out more about the different opportunities on offer. Why not you? Why not now?
This role will be based at our Newman East mine site in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, on a fly-in fly-out 8:6/7:7 roster. Our FIFO villages have a wide range of facilities and all rooms have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning to help you unwind, relax and sleep well.
We know the more time you can spend at home the better, so in addition to our flights out of Perth, we are now offering direct flights from Busselton.
BHP WA Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Come and be part of the success…
What is on offer?
- Flights from Busselton or Perth
- Permanent - Full-time positions
- Variety of different career paths and opportunities
- Safety first culture with a team that focusses on your development and your personal satisfaction in the role
- Opportunities for self-development and career development supported by the business
- An understanding and appreciation for you and your family - Flexible working conditions
- Generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms
- A broad range of discounts through our employee benefits package
- Attractive annual bonus scheme
- Generous share match scheme
- Super-matching contributions
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistant Program
To hear more about working within the BHP team watch: A world of possibilities - YouTube (4) A world of possibilities - YouTube
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, people with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.