Specialist Business Planning
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About BMA Coal
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) is Australia’s largest coal producer and supplier of seaborne metallurgical (steelmaking) coal. BMA is owned 50:50 by BHP and Mitsubishi Development. BMA operates seven Bowen Basin mines in Central Qld (Goonyella Riverside, Broadmeadow, Daunia, Peak Downs, Saraji, Blackwater and Caval Ridge) and owns and operates the Hay Point Coal Terminal near Mackay.
About the Role
The required role will contribute towards the development of Asset-level strategy, medium and long-term plans for BMA.
Main capabilities and functions:
- Lead independent data analysis to deliver plan insights
- Structure the communication of complex analysis in a clear, articulate and logical manner
- Develop briefing materials in collaboration with internal stakeholders, including senior audiences
- Plan, track and coordinate the delivery of information to support plan development
- Coordinate the planning process schedule, including meetings, milestones, workshops, drafting and sending of minutes
- Support management routines through coordination, governance, presentation and distribution of Asset level metrics and performance commentary
- Support the development, review and collation of key documentation for Two-Year Budget and Life of Asset (long-term plan) submissions
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve, simplify or automate business process
We have an opportunity for 2x Specialist Business Planning professionals to join the team. Both roles will be pivotal in supporting and ensuring effectiveness of the leadership team routines, timely delivery of reporting requirements, supporting overall business objectives and apply a focus on corporate alignment planning.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years postgraduate experience.
- Highly proficient in English, spoken and written.
- Mining industry exposure or experience (preferred, but not necessary.
- Demonstrates high levels of process discipline, including the ability to plan future activity in advance.
- Follows through on commitments and uses initiative to ensure things get done.
- Work collaboratively to solve problems and support colleagues in the delivery of team commitments.
- Seeks an active team environment to achieve their career potential.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.