Specialist Autonomous Haulage | WAIO | FIFO | 5:2 4:3
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
As part of our vision to improve our business every day through safety improvements, innovation and people development, BHP is on a technology journey. This will radically transform our way of working, leading us to embrace change and develop organisational excellence.
BHP has recently made the decision to implement Autonomous Haulage Systems at our WA Iron Ore Mine, South Flank. South Flank is located 156 kilometres north-west of Newman and nine kilometres south of BHP’s Mining Area C facility in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. South Flank is Australia's largest new iron ore mine in more than 50 years. Together with Mining Area C, it will form the largest operating iron ore hub in the world producing 145 million tonnes of iron ore each year. As a result of this transformation, opportunities are available to support the deployment of South Flank’s Autonomous Haulage Project. Do you want to be part of this exciting Project?
Working as part of the Autonomous Haulage Project team, the Specialist AHS Onboard is a key role in integrating the Project with the site operations teams. This role will work with multiple internal stake holders and a range of external vendors to deliver the work packages.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Communication and building relationships with key stakeholders to embed / adjust process to support the Project throughout each stage of the deployment
- Lead work packages through all stages of Scope, Design, Deliver and Sustain
- Manage change in accordance with WAIO standards and process
- Development of new maintenance strategies and operating procedures using standardised work methodology
- Lead and participate in defect rectification and RCA
- Develop solutions and validate actions based on Risk Assessments
- Support the change process through engagement with IPRO, TROC, Mining and MEM teams to update the site operating models
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with effective communication skills and either a tertiary or trade qualification in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics with prior experience in supporting or maintaining on-board machine control systems or off-board mine control systems.
We believe in our people and their ability to learn and adapt. We will partner with you to upskill your knowledge on the FrontRunner Autonomous Haulage system and provide you with opportunities to learn and develop on the job.
Your experience includes:
- Knowledge of mining technology products and product applications, including Autonomous Haulage Systems, experience with FrontRunner® or Minestar® products will be highly desired.
- Analytical skills that can be used to troubleshoot complex systems to understand root cause.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical and/or electrical mining equipment.
- Demonstrated professional skills with sound experience developing effective documents, presentations and reports with advanced Microsoft Office knowledge (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.