Reliability Engineer | Peak Downs Mine | 5:2
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
BMA is currently looking for an enthusiastic Reliability Engineer to join the Peak Downs Mine Maintenance Team. Reporting to the Lead Reliability this is an integral role in achieving long-term, measurable improvements in performance and efficiency across our Ancillary fleet.
The role will be based at Peak Downs Mine, Dysart on a 5/2 roster with flexible options available.
You will help drive the Ancillary Maintenance strategic plan with the following responsibilities:
- Monitoring and analysis of equipment defects and maintenance downtime to define department priorities and metrics;
- Support reliability-centred maintenance best practice through the application of Defect Elimination processes, Root Cause Analysis, 5 Whys and Failure Mode Effect Cause Analysis;
- Provide technical support and recommendations based on Root Cause Analysis and benchmarking findings;
- Perform detailed analysis of condition monitoring data and action accordingly, initiates maintenance strategies and/or changes to equipment strategies to address emerging risks.
To be successful in the role, candidates should demonstrate a team-oriented mindset and solution focused attitude.
You will have following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, trade qualification or relevant maintenance experience
- Experience with D10 &11 dozers, 16 & 24M graders, 657G scrapers and 854K wheel dozers highly beneficial
- A high commitment to safety, quality, attention to detail and procedures;
- Have experienced in the application of reliability methods and techniques gained within relevant industry;
- Experience in reliability maintenance programs will be beneficial;
- Proficiency in 1SAP maintenance components preferable;
- A teamwork mentality to achieve results;
- Experience in Lean Practices
- Ability to influence, engage with & communicate effectively across multiple levels, business units, functional areas and external stakeholders.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.