Operator Warehouse | Mackay | Indigenous Only | Fixed Term
Job Type: Not Specified
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people looking to start or continue their career in mining to Think Big with BHP. At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. Indigenous Peoples are critical partners and stakeholders in many of and around the world. Many of our operations are located on or near lands traditionally owned by or under the customary use of Indigenous Peoples and the long-term nature of our operations allows us to establish long lasting relationships with these Indigenous communities.BHP operations both within Australia
About the Role
Reporting to the Supervisor Warehousing, within the Warehousing and Logistics team this role is responsible for the operation of the Warehouse to provide materials to site customers safely, efficiently and on time.
Contributes to the to the transport, and delivery of freight and products and goods being received into the business and management of warehouse operations, involving the handling and management of goods and products. Apply technical expertise to solve problems and deliver for the customer.
Your responsibilities include:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- A commitment to delivering a safe and efficient warehouse service
- Comply with BHP Policies, Procedures and Standards.
- Participation in an environment that promotes teamwork, customer service and action orientation
- Safe and efficient execution of warehouse tasks as per Supply procedures
- Safe and efficient execution of minor warehouse maintenance and binning maintenance
- High standards of work to maintain warehouse(s) and yard(s) to a global warehouse standard
- Ensure all MHE (forklifts, reach trucks) are operated professionally and safely
- Actively participate in all team meetings and safety meetings/forums
- Efficient investigation and a professional manner to assist with resolution of customer queries
- Adherence to warehouse roster/warehouse work plan (unless directed by Warehouse Supervisor)
- Flexibility and the ability to work autonomously, or to lead by example as required by the operation
- Achieve and or exceed competencies as required under the department competency matrix
- Participate in all training provided to achieve the competencies required for the role
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Passionate in learning warehousing operations
- Class C manual drivers license
- Administrative and computing skills advantageous
- Excellent communication skills both at written and verbal levels
- Strong problem solving skills
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and this position will only be open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants. The filling of this position/these positions is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. In Queensland, BHP has a deep commitment to the traditional owners of the land upon which it operates. We strongly encourage applications from Barada Barna and Wiri/Widi, Gaangalu, Yuwibara, Jangga and Iman peoples together with other traditional owners. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our 2017 – 2021 Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). For more information about our RAP, please visit here.