Planner Work Management | MECoE | Olympic Dam | Adelaide | Fixed Term (12 months)
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Olympic Dam is one of the world's most significant deposits of copper, gold, and uranium. Located 560 kilometres north of Adelaide, South Australia, Olympic Dam is a part of our Minerals Australia operation. It's made up of underground and surface operations and operates a fully integrated processing facility from ore to metal.
About the MECoE
BHP's Maintenance and Engineering Centre of Excellence (MECoE) are the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying, achieving, and maintaining the highest standards in maintenance for BHP globally. Your diversity of thought and experience will be embraced, and you will be empowered to make a real difference in our business.
You will utilise innovative approaches, tools, and technology to add real value to our teams – setting new standards to guide improvement activity, transforming services, and supporting our people.
About the Role
The Planner Work Management is responsible for developing, maintaining, and communicating work plans for assigned Equipment Type / Area of Responsibility in accordance with the 1SAP Work Management Processes and the Total Equipment Strategy.
This role works closely with the Maintenance Execution teams to ensure the area equipment is maintained safely and reliably as well as delivering continuous improvement to work plans.
- Delivers a high volume of sequenced work packages to the Scheduler.
- Reviews Notifications and creates Work Orders for approved scopes of work.
- Plans to a high quality and considers the 12 week Rolling Major Events Calendar and relevant Total Equipment Strategies.
- Accurately resources the work packages prior to scheduling.
- Creates required part demands and liaises with Inventory Planner.
- Establishes relationships with Supply and maintains regular engagement to ensure parts and materials are delivered on time.
- Sequences work allowing for optimisation by scheduler.
- Liaises with the Asset Management Planner to understand Asset Health and allocation of work.
- Identifies opportunities for standardisation across sites.
- Increases efficiency and accuracy through repetition of tasks.
- Develops SAP Master Data to embed Standard Work Packages into Task Lists.
- Identify errors in Master Data and address inconsistency
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Previous Planning and Scheduling processes and/or logistics and coordination is preferred, but not essential.
- Alternatively, you will be systems orientated with the ability to accurately process high volumes of work and strong attention to detail.
- Good knowledge or awareness of Cost Management and Forecasting Processes.
- Experience working with SAP will be required, along with the ability to engage and clearly communicate with operational teams to resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Adaptability to continuously changing work environments.
- Ability to collaborate with peer groups and client groups to share feedback and resolve problems.
Location and Roster
You will be based in Adelaide on a Monday-Friday roster, offering a quality standard of living without the high costs of most other Australian capital cities.
Adelaide offers a Mediterranean climate, beach-side lifestyle, cosmopolitan cafés and restaurants, and world-class wine regions just an hour away. All this plus an annual international festivals and events calendar make Adelaide a vibrant, cultured, friendly environment to live, work and play in.
This role will also involve some site travel as required.
To find out more about working with Olympic Dam and to meet some of our team, Click here
Reference Number – 67137
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process. Video assessment is not applicable for BHP Internal applicants.
- Application closes on Friday, 24th March 2023.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.