Supervisor Electrical Maintenance | Fixed Plant | Newman | Residential
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Fixed Plant Maintenance, this will be a statutory appointed position where the role’s primary focus will be Safe maintenance execution of Fixed Plant electrical equipment and distribution. The primary purpose of this role is to lead, coach and mentor the electrical technicians and apprentices to ensure delivery against performance targets, plant availability, compliance to standards/ procedures and legislative requirements.
This position will be based in Newman offering a Residential Lifestyle Roster, 4 days on, 5 off, 5 nights on, 4 off, 5 days on, 5 off. Relocation assistance and/ or Housing subsidies provided.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Coordination of maintenance activity, including all resources, personnel and operational activity during execution to provide a safe and efficient maintenance outcome.
- Engagement with multiple stakeholders to deliver efficient maintenance execution and ensuring resource utilisation is optimised.
- Engage with Fixed Plant Execution teams to prioritise resources to maintain optimal plant availability.
- Monitor compliance against HSEC policies, procedures and systems through quality Field Leadership
- Positively influence and shape the culture to ensure a safe, productive, quality, sustainable, disciplined and controlled approach to work
- Provide coaching and leadership support for electrical technicians and apprentices.
- In conjunction with the Coordinators/Leads, lead planning and execution meetings to deliver effective outcomes.
- Ensuring compliance with the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Identifying and providing input in the continuous improvement of our operations and maintenance processes.
You will be a performance and achievement oriented professional, who is motivated by exceeding expectations and able to use your relationship building and negotiation skills in order to influence others. Your proven ability to motivate and manage a team is essential to your success in this role. Proven leadership experience in a maintenance role is essential. You will utilise your ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, strong decision-making skills in order to achieve the best outcome for the Fixed Plant Maintenance Team.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Australian recognised Electrical Trade qualification with demonstrated experience within the mining industry.
- Understanding of Fixed Plant Processing and Maintenance in the mining industry.
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of HV practices and principles.
- Have working knowledge and a good understanding of the requirements of the Electricity (Licensing) Regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment is essential.
- Ability to identify and implement safe work practices.
- Demonstrated ability to engage multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to communicate and follow plans clearly and concisely in a maintenance environment.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of maintenance practices in a processing plant.
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.