Coordinator Water Utilities | BMA | Moranbah | 5:2
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
An exceptional opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual to join our Central Queensland Operations across the Bowen Basin Non-Processing Infrastructure Maintenance team. This is a permanent opportunity working on a 5:2 roster with flexibility offered for the right candidate as well as flexible travel arrangements.
Reporting to the Superintendent Pipelines and Treatment Plants, The Coordinator Water Utilities is a leadership position and is responsible for coordinating the Maintenance Execution team’s work activities in compliance with the weekly work schedule, operating standards, procedures, work instructions and defined processes to achieve optimal maintenance outcomes.
In addition, your responsibilities will include:
- Assesses and approves work as identified within an area of accountability related to equipment condition..
- Identifies and implements Maintenance Execution BOS improvement initiatives
- Allocate resources to achieve optimal maintenance outcomes as part of work activity planning.
- Builds cross-functional relationships with the operation sub-functions to support the delivery of maintenance.
- Monitors and verifies competency of individual maintainers in the safe performances of their duties
- Provides leadership for the reporting of events and hazards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates the execution of maintenance activities related to process control systems within an Operations, including the software and hardware for these systems.
- Coordinates the execution of tasks or data gathering related to condition monitoring.
- Collates input and contributes to the development of the Maintenance strategy and budget (corrective foreseeable and unforeseeable) by reviewing the existing Work Plans Task Lists and correct Task Lists.
- Coordinates execution and planning of asset integrity remediation and inspections in conjunction with engineering and maintenance stakeholders.
To learn more about working with BHP click here
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership and communication skills. Your interpersonal skills will foster collaborative working relationships and your ability to consolidate and analyse information will provide critical thinking and a solution-focused attitude.
You will have access to technology that will enable you to work flexibly, which is key to BHP’s success in addressing the requirements of a diverse workforce.
Key requirements include:
- You will be an experience Maintenance Execution Supervisor
- You will have a strong grasp of technical problems skills and have the ability to succinctly frame the work required to appropriately solve problems.
- You will have excellent communication skills, verbal and written along with your ability to influence stakeholders by setting direction, providing sufficient communications to gain agreement and commitment at all levels while taking accountability and have an action oriented working style.
- You will also be a performance and achievement oriented professional, who is motivated by exceeding expectations and able to use your relationship building and influencing skills in order to deliver positive business outcomes.
- Experience with identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.